Requisition ID: 170305-1
Location: Washington D.C. Metro Area
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Clearance: TS/SCI Eligible
Network Security Engineer will provide network defense product installation and configuration as part of a Computer Emergency Response Team. Network Security Engineer will utilize product to perform CND Protection scanning analysis of Subscriber network vulnerability scan (VS) results; determine impacts to network operations; provide recommended mitigation activities as required, review corrective/mitigation actions; coordinate corrective actions reports and assist in risk analysis. Candidate will maintain the product to support the Protection Team’s Anti-Malware program, forward alerts and warnings to client, respond to client malware reports and assist in configuring product to implement protective/anti-malware measures.
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Be willing to research and learn new technologies
- Be willing to solve challenging problems with a worldwide team
- Participate constructively in requirements analysis and design discussions
- Masters Degree in IT or related discipline and 10 years relevant experience or a Bachelors Degree in IT or related discipline and 15 years relevant experience.
- Candidate must have one of the following DoD approved baseline certifications IAW DoD 8570.1M, or the ability to obtain prior to start date (IAT Lvl III): CISSP (or Associate), GCIH, CISA, CASP CE, GSEC.
- Must be able to obtain additional certification within 6 months of start date.
- Must have experience performing security compliance scans across a WAN (ACAS preferred); strong HBSS background, strong technical writing aptitude, and ability to train on the use of tools in understandable terms.
- Must be able to apply extensive knowledge of cybersecurity concepts, practices and procedures to ensure the secure integration and operation of all enclave systems.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice. Travel requirements will usually not exceed two weeks on any given assignment.
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Correlating security events across a WAN.
- Providing security analysis and solutions in a WAN/LAN environment.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated network operations and support team.
- Significant knowledge of particular CND tools, (ACAS, HBSS) tactics, techniques and procedures which support the tracking, management, analysis and resolution of incidents.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience.