Requisition ID: 170323-1
Location: Washington D.C. Metro Area
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Clearance: TS/SCI Eligible
As a software engineer at REDSEC1, you will support the development of micro services framework that ingest and pre-process data, feeding an aggregation pipeline that de-duplicates and correlates data across multiple data sources. The framework leverages both relational and NoSQL data stores backing REST APIs used by a data-driven analysis and visualization interface.
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Be willing to research and learn new technologies
- Be willing to solve challenging problems with a worldwide team
- Participate constructively in requirements analysis and design discussions
- Implement and optimize API-level integrations with multiple data sources
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with distributed data processing frameworks
- 4+ years of Java development of server-side software with a focus on multi-threaded and/or distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of scripting in PowerShell and/or Python
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with document databases such as MongoDB
- Development and deployment of microservice-based solutions
- Development of self-documenting and versioned REST APIs
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Integration with third-party Java SDKs such as AWS and Splunk
- Experience with stream processors, machine learning frameworks, and complex event processing frameworks
- Experience with graph databases such as Neo4j
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience, Masters a plus.